WOW Captains & prefects
Our WOW captains and prefect team play a core role in our Junior Leadership Team. All the children went through a formal application and interview process to be selected for their role in school. The prefect team consists of; WOW captains, Enterprise leaders, Play leaders, School Leaders and Digital Leaders
All of our prefects:
- Help to organise whole school events including the Christmas and Summer Fayre
- Show visitors around school
- Help with Parents’ evening
- Lead by example and being a good role model to all children
- Have a positive growth mind-set
- Show both the Joseph Cash Core values and the British Values
- Help to organise subjects leaders with whole school enrichment days
- Support the staff in their WOW group
- Prepare resources for the enrichment day
- Communicate between the enrichment day organisers and their staff
- Support individual/ small groups with their learning
'Today was brilliant. I loved working with the children my team and helping Mrs Davies with organising Guy Fawkes Day.' Laycie Y6
- Support with all fundraising events.
- Support the class enterprise events.
- Support the pastoral team with cakes sales etc
'I love being an enterprise prefect because I get to help Mrs Burnside organise lots of fundraising events in school. I especially enjoyed leading the Children In Need assembly and helping to sell cakes.' Haseenah Y6
- Report on school events on Twitter and the website. e.g. photos, I-movie clips of awards assembly, interviewing visitors.
'I enjoy helping Mrs Nelson with the awards assembly it helps me to practice my ICT skills.' Jayden Y6
- Monitor the corridors and keep corridor areas tidy
- Support with any other school jobs.
- Help with the library
'I like helping in the library because I love to read books at home. It is great to read to the younger children.' Shela Y6
- Support children on the playground during break times.
- Organise the Play leaders.
' I'm looking forward to helping the younger children on the playground and playing lots of exciting games with them.' Arghad Y6