Information for parents
Sports premium money is ring-fenced funding from central government to improve the provision of PE and sport.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sports competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
Pupil Premium funding in action!
Year 2 CPD
Our Year 2 teachers have had the opportunity to participate in the CCFC Primary stars programme. The aim of the programme is to use the Premier League and professional football clubs appeal to engage primary school children in the areas of PE & School Sport.
The lead coaches have worked with both our Year 2 classes to not only inspire children in PE (working on Fundamental Movement Skills) but to help develop the class teacher’s confidence, subject knowledge and skills in teaching primary PE and school sport.
They have also raised the profile of PE and leading an active lifestyle across the school, by delivering a number of assemblies and organising the 'Speed-shot' fundraising challenge.
Mrs Sidhu said 'It has been an inspiring programme and has really improved my knowledge and understanding of PE. I feel more confident in teaching fundamental skills and following a PE lesson plan.'
Miss Tee agreed, saying 'I have a greater understanding of PE, I understand how to differentiate the learning and have developed a number of techniques for teaching PE. More importantly though, the children have absolutely loved the programme and have looked forward to their PE lessons every week.'
Please follow the link below to find information about: the PE curriculum, the wide range of enrichment opportunities pupil have through PE, the competitions we take part in and the links we have developed with local team.
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Previous Sports Premium Reports
17/18 Sports Premium Report
16/17 Sports Premium Report
UK Government website | PE and sport premium for primary schools.