Forest Schools is taught as part of the curriculum in EYFS and Key Stage 1 and is linked to the children's topic or Science learning. In Key Stage 2, Forest School is included during WOW week.
We believe Forest Schools is important in:
- raising the quality of teaching and learning in the outdoor environment
- improving the understanding of how learning outside the classroom can be used as a tool for whole school improvement – particularly in terms of behaviour management, attendance and attainment;
- giving the children the opportunity to explore and experience the natural world for themselves.
- teaching pupils through experience, to know about, and value, the benefits of the environment.
- giving a combination of freedom and responsibility which benefits children with little confidence or challenging behaviour
Our WOW curriculum enables pupils to develop different skills and learning behaviours.
- Self esteem
- Problem solving skills
- Team work
- An awareness of being safe
- Positive attitude towards learning
After school club Summer Term 26.04.18
The children were asked to explore the Wildlife area and then had to share with the group something they had found which was really interesting to them.